Detail-rich microscope photography of bodily fluids and other specimens.

You want to go on an adventure ? Want to reach stars and exiting galaxies ?
As quoted in Romantic Vision, Ethical Context: Novalis and Artistic Autonomy:

We dream of travels throughout the universe: is not the universe within us ?”

allismicrofauna (9)

If you want to go on this journey, I can capture stunning pictures with the help of my microscope and a camera.
You will discover precious treasures. Just write me through  | CONTACT | and we can make an appointment.
I currently live in Berlin, Germany.  

My main interest are the body fluids. Saliva, tears, sweat and urine have a fascinating amount of crystals.
It is stunning what you can find. Of course the flora, fauna and day to day stuff got also mind blowing appearances.
It is amazing, how something can change its appearance, only by looking on it from a different perspective.
The relation to the seen can transform even by a simple change of the lightning.


Plan for Observation and Illumination  

Brightfield illumination

allismicrostuff (14)

Brightfield illumination is the most popular method used to examine specimens under microscopes.
The bulb illuminates the specimen from below rather than from above, making it possible to observe coarse contours
which would otherwise be imperceptible. 


allismicrobody (24)

Darkfield illumination brings darkness to light.  Conventional lighting from below often means sacrificing one’s ability
to observe microscopic details due to the overpowering brightness of the bulb.  The darkfield technique prevents the light
from hitting the specimen directly.  Light is instead cast horizontally, making it possible to observe otherwise indiscernible
three-dimensional shapes. As such, bright, sometimes even colorful areas and contours appear on a dark, mostly black background.


allismicrobody (27) allismicrobody (12) allismicrobody (10)

Polarization filters out disruptive reflections.  As a result, it becomes possible to observe a broad spectrum of colors
which are otherwise obscured.  Oftentimes, these colors are thrown into such sharp relief that they appear as dazzling rainbows.  

Asymmetrical lighting

allismicrobody (20) allismicrobody (52) allismicrobody (18)

Asymmetrical lighting makes the specimen appear as though it were a plaster impression.
This type of illumination casts shadows across the specimen, generating high levels of relief.
The result is the appearance of what closely resemble craters and rock formations.


Lovers & Lickers

 allismicrobody (100)

Kisses are awash in sensations. The more intimate and wetter the kiss, the better. The same can be said of mankind’s animal counterparts: mammals.  They too utilize licking, be it as a means of cleaning and disinfecting or as a catalyst for intimacy and connectivity. It then follows that the simple act of watching a mother cat lovingly care for her young evokes feelings of comfort and contentedness in her human onlookers.  Indeed, all cats engage in this affectionate act in so far as they bathe several times daily by licking their fur coats. He who licks sets liquids free.  These liquids come in various forms, including saliva, spit, and drool.  Infants drool, which most adults find adorable and sweet. However, the mere notion of one’s grandmother using her spat-upon handkerchief to wipe the chocolate/sauce/etc. from the corner of a child’s mouth is considered cringe-worthy or even very repulsive.
Although saliva is composed almost entirely of water – 99.5 percent to be exact – most find the remaining 0.5 percent reason enough to label the substance revolting.  While this natural revulsion to saliva helps protect from contagious illnesses, it is all too easily forgotten that this bodily fluid is essential for life. Salivary glands are therefore responsible for the maintenance of sufficient levels of saliva in the digestive tract.  This amazing substance breaks down starches and salts, moistens food in order to make chewing and swallowing easier, and also keeps oral dryness at bay.  
The hidden beauty of saliva remains sadly invisible to many.  Simply by examining a few small drops under a microscope, however, its potential can be unlocked.  With the aid of up to 400-time magnification, wondrous worlds suddenly come into focus. According to saliva’s physical state, be it solid or liquid, digestive enzymes set saliva’s crystalline structure free; in some instances, magnification reveals what appear to be fantastical pieces of jewelry, landscapes, and silhouettes. For as diverse and fascinating as humans are, the world of saliva is equally vibrant.  Its beauty, while concealed, is potentially boundless. I wish you a beautiful journey.


elder pollen elder pollen